Let's face it, it sucks. Random deer jump out at you, its impossible to see, even with the high beams on, other drivers are more ass-hole-rific than usual.
If there is one thing I hate more than driving at night, its driving at night during shitty weather.
Two winters ago, I got a call from a very good friend of mine. She and her grandparents were at Olive Garden, and their car died. I was the first person she called because I lived closest to where she was, and because she knew that I would help her out, because she is like a sister to me. I told her that I would be there asap, not realizing that it was freaking blizzarding outside. Not wanting to break my promise, I ran back inside, grabbed a couple blankets (just in case my car crashed or died or something stupid like that) and threw them in my trunk.
Now, keep in mind that at this point in time, I had a '95 Buick Century. That thing was a TANK. I plowed through snow drifts that were up past the top of the front bumper, and was barely phased. Well, I got to Olive Garden and picked up my friend and her grandma, her gramps was staying with the car til the tow truck got there, and took them back to her grandparents place... out in the middle of BFE (bum fuck egypt, a.k.a. the middle of nowhere). I left my house at (if I remember correctly) 8:30pm or so, didn't get back home til probably midnight, or a little after. I was driving so freaking slow I'm amazed I didn't run out of gas.
The moral of this story is this: If I do something I hate doing (like driving at night during a blizzard) odds are you mean a great deal to me, and I'm more than willing to risk my life/sanity to help you.
The moral of the moral: If any guy is willing to do something like that for anyone (guy or girl) it means they care about you a great deal (as a friend, sibling, or more) and you should do everything in your power to hold on to them, lest you lose them forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment