I found a few of your letters this weekend, as well as a song you composed, inspired by your feelings for me.
Reading through these notes brought a tear to my eye and a pain to my heart.
I miss what we had.
It may not be the actual physicality that we had, but the emotional and spiritual connection that is what I miss.
We both have changed so much since those letters were written.
Been through heartbreaks and stresses, trials and terrors.
We may not talk anymore, you may not consider me as close a friend as you once did, but reading those notes made me wish that, if even for a moment, I could travel back to that time when I knew there was someone who cared about me no matter what I did, and that there would be someone there for me, even if I didn't need them. I miss the fact that we used to be able to know exactly what the other was thinking, able to finish sentences, and answer questions for the other.
At first I considered you a friend, then a sister, then a lover. The past few years its been degrading back down, and I fear that our relationship is no longer even the friend stage... I don't know if there is any of the you I knew and loved left or not. I know that there probably isn't much of the old me left.
I miss you my dear friend, I really, truly do.
No comments:
Post a Comment