Monday, April 2, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes, when I'm sad, I remember my past, and all the good things that came from it.
All the random occurrences that helped to shape the path of my life
The people who helped make me the person I am today
The one's I used to hold more dear to me than any others, and those I still do.

Sometimes, you just have to take a step back, and remember what you used to hold dear to you, what used to make you happiest.  Compare that to what you now hold dear, and what makes you happiest.  Whats the difference between the two?  Are the events from the past better than the ones from the present?  What can you do to make the present more like the past (if that is what you desire)?

I have a few friends who, as of late, seem to be extremely down in the dumps, and I can feel it, even though we are hundreds or thousands of miles apart.  These two friends impacted my life so much when they were still a true part of it that they left their mark.  They will always be a part of my life, even if we never see each other again.  I love them both, in different ways and for different reasons, but the feeling is still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment