Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas weekend update

ok, so if you follow me on facebook you know that this weekend was hell.  I went to my parents house for the first time in two years, and by the time I left, I was stressed out and depressed to the point I couldn't see straight.

That place, while my hometown, holds no love for me.  All my friends that were there want nothing to do with me, the places I frequented are gone, there are too many bad memories of that place, I really dont want to go back there ever again.

Add to that that I took my girlfriend with me to meet the extended family, and they all loved her, but my parents were non-stop judging me and comparing her to one of my old girlfriends (or maybe all of them, idk) and I was about ready to punch someone by the time I left.

To calm down, we stopped in Iowa City to do some shopping, spend some of our Christmas money.  I got some new clothes from Old Navy but thats about it.  We also stopped at one of my favorite fast food joints in the world, that only exists on the eastern side of the state, Steak 'n' Shake.  These things together lightened my mood.

About an hour from home though things took a turn for the worst.  We ran over a deer in our new car.  From what I could tell, a semi decapitated it, and the body flew into our lane, and the cars ahead of us slowed down and got over before they hit it, well, the car that was in front of us was practically on top of it before they got over, and we were right behind them, so we ran it over, not having enough time to get out of the way.  Thankfully it only knocked loose a skid plate, but that was still enough for us to have to call her dad to come help us fix it, as neither of us could reach it to fix it, nor did we have a jack to hoist the car up.  We had to wait an hour for him to get there, but once he did we were on our way again and all was fine the rest of the night.

I probably wont feel comfortable being on the road at night again for a looong time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're safe. And I'm sorry that your parents can't be more understanding. *hug*

    ReplyDelete