This is a poem I wrote probably 4-5 months ago when I was trying to woo a girl back home in the QC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You say you love me, but you are with him
You say you love him, and you really do.
We talk all day and all night, but we both know,
that we can never be anything more than what we are now.
So why is it that I can't get you out of my head?
Why is it that I can't forget the things you told me you've done with my friend?
Why can't I just forget these feelings we share for each other, that will never come to be?
Why can't I let a sleeping dragon lie, and tell you I can't do this, before he finds out and hates us both?
The answer is this:
I love you
I want to do those same things with you
Love is a burden, yet a thing to celebrate when you have it.
Because I almost want to ruin it, so I can have you to myself.
I have no one right now, but you could change that.
I have no one right now, but you can't change that.
I have no one right now, to hug me when I'm blue
I have no one right now, to make me feel needed, except you.
I want you to know that I love you
I want you to know that I care
I want you to know that I'll be there
I want you to know that I'm rare.
You will never find another like me
You will never find someone who cares
You will never find someone that will be there for you, before anyone else.
You will never find another like me, because I'm one in a million.
You say you love him, but is that really true?
You say you love him, but does he really love you?
He ignores you for his games, he leaves you out dry
He may hug you and kiss you, but is he worth it if he makes you cry?
So I stay up on these late, lonely nights, hoping to get that text
I stay up, often times wondering why?
Why am I so hopelessly devoted to someone I can't have?
Why am I in love with someone, who is in love with my best friend?
The answer is simple,
I'm just a lowly boy
who found a light to guide his way
when he was Lost in the Night
No comments:
Post a Comment