Sunday, October 4, 2009
The Magic of life
Over the past few days, I have come to realize something, we are not always sure about what it is we are looking for in life, and true happiness doesn't depend on being loved (though it greatly helps) it depends on being open and free and willing to try new things. Nymph keeps trying (maybe not intentionally, but we keep talking about it) to get me to try some stuff that I'm not entirely sure I want to try, but as one of my friends put it last night, I haven't experimented with much of anything in my life so far. I may try it sooner or later, it all depends on how things work out. I also got a Tarot reading last night/this morning that told me to just cut loose my attachments to everything that is causing me confusion and such, as most of it is self-inflicted. I am trying to do that as well, leading into my Vision Quest that I am working on with the help of my friend. I am just starting out, so I am working on trying to organize my thoughts and to find my "happy place" where I'm most at peace. The focus he gave me to use is helping me out a lot and I'm hoping that it will help even more once I get things sorted out and actually start making progress. I'm just in awe at what life can actually do to you when you are in college, it starts to make sense. As I said last night, college is where you meet your true friends, and really start to find out who you are and what you stand for. High school was all about figuring out what you don't want, now college is about figuring out what you do want. The real magic of this is finding peace and joy in the little things of life, the friendships you make and the lives you help to change. Never let yourself think your actions are not appreciated, because they are, by someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment